Saturday, November 24, 2012

Southern Cornbread Dressing

I had someone ask me to tell them how I make my dressing.  The problem is that I don't use a recipe. So, here is my best explanation as to how I make my dressing.

SOUTHERN GLUTEN FREE DRESSING
Double batch of gluten free cornbread, baked and crumbled
6-8 stalks celery, chopped
1 small onion, diced
4 eggs, beaten
Salt, pepper, sage and thyme to taste
Chicken/turkey broth, amount varies as this is to moisten the dressing

Mix together cornbread, celery, onion and spices.  Add eggs and 2 cups of broth.  Mix well.  Add more broth until well moistened.  If you like a more moist dressing, add broth until the dressing is slightly soupy.  Pour into a 9x13 baking pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until slightly browned.  (I check mine after 20 minutes.)

My daughter loves this and no one can tell that it is gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment