Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Here it is Christmas Day!  Merry Christmas, everyone!  Today was another busy day of cooking.  As I began to make sure I had every available counter ready for my day long cooking spree, I noticed six medium sized bananas that were now officially past the "mmm, yummy" stage.  So, I decided that I would start the day by making some wonderful banana bread.  This is one thing that Bailey likes, but doesn't necessarily want all the time.  However, I knew she would appreciate it today, so I set out to make a good banana bread that was both gluten free and very tasty.  Success!!!  So, here is my recipe.

Gluten Free Banana Bread

6 ripe bananas, medium sized, mashed
6 Tbs. butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. gluten free baking soda
2 pinches salt
2 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  With a wire whisk, mis together butter and bananas.  Add sugar, egg, vanilla and salt.  Sprinkle the baking soda over mixture and mix well.  Add flour.  Pour mixture into two medium glass loaf pans (spray the pans with gluten free coking spray).  Bake for 55 minutes.  Cool on wire rack. 

You can also add pecans or walnuts to your batter.  Since Bailey doesn't like either, we baked one loaf with and one loaf without.  Everyone here loves it.  We can't even tell it is gluten-free which in my book means it was a success.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment