Thursday, January 7, 2016

Delcious Gluten Free Oatmeal

I really like oatmeal.  I prefer steel cut oatmeal.  However, when I don't want to take the 45-60 minutes to make it, I like to use rolled oats.  You have to be careful and make sure that you are getting certified gluten-free rolled oats.   My recipe today is an oatmeal recipe modified from a recipe that came from health.com.


  • Delicious Gluten Free Oatmeal
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup apple cider
  • 1 cup certified gluten free rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill, usually)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup diced pear (I used canned pears in natural juice or sugar free)
  • 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup fat-free milk (you can also use soy or almond milk)
  • Sugar In The Raw, to taste (or brown sugar)
Bring water and cider to boil.  Add oats and salt.  Cook about 3 minutes over medium heat.  Stir often.  Add pears, cranberries, cinnamon and vanilla.  Mix well and cook another 3-4 minutes until oats are tender and cranberries are moistened.  When oats are ready, add milk and sugar to taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment